Monday, October 10, 2011

Yup I am posting- THIS is HAPPENING!!!!


 Alright so no excuses I just plain stink at posting on the blog! Much is happening in life.  Lilly has started pre-school and is enjoying it. It was hard for me to let go- my baby but it has been good. We (Lucy and I) went with Lilly on her first field trip to Owen's Spring Creek Farm and it was a blast. We went on a hayride (the highlight for sure) a maze, picking out pumpkins and feeding the goats.  As you will see in the picture below that is as close as the girls got to the goats. My kids are what I like to call "out doors-ee" free spirits, animal whisperers!!! Ha!  Not so much. I love that they are cautious however. Makes me less neurotic. Lilly said on the car     ride home, 'mom this was the best day ever!!!'  Lucy loves to ride on Lilly like she is a pony and yells, "giddy-up horsey" it is awesome.  They absolutely love and adore each other. They are so fun and challenging- a real learning experience these kiddos.  Whew, I wish I was a quicker study, but ah well. Side note, I made cinnamon sugar covered walnuts yesterday and it made the whole house smell amazing and fall-ee. I love fall-I have literally been making pumpkin shakes for myself almost everyday. I LOVE pumpkin. And we here in Texas are hitting the 80's pretty consistently-pretty excited about that. I'm just waiting to bust out my sweaters and get ready to layer clothes again. Can't wait, can't wait. The other morning it was a little breezy and about 73 we were taking Lilly to preschool and both my girls were complaining that it was sooooo cold. Yup. Little sad huh?? But when your body is used to at least 90 on average than I guess 73 feels chilly?? Again my kids, out-doors-ee. I am now going to attempt to come up with some sort of craft-ish type thing because it has been a lazy morning and we need to get moving on something...
   






5 comments:

Janine said...

Awww, cutie pies :). We went on a hayride not long ago (kind of like fording a river in spots...sooooo much water. It was thrilling) and Reid was all "this is better than tv!" High praise, indeed.

Brittany said...

Love the updates! I sure miss not being "connected" to y'all. So first, Lucy is so big/ her hair so long & she's looking more like Lilly (but still like her mama). Second, PLEASE tell me you did NOT cut Lilly's hair??? She's cute no matter what, but I love her long hair. Third- let's Skype one day soon. Miss & love ya!

mb said...

and yet NOTHING about your trip to New York. What the heck.

See you in like 2 weeks. WHAT!?

Childress Family said...

Love the post. I have been a bad blogger too! I love Lilly's hair, it is so cute. I am ready to cut Adra's again. She is going to be a flapper for Halloween, so I am thinking of giving her a flapper hair cut.....we will see. Love and miss you guys! Thanks for the update.

Karen S. said...

Thanks for the update. We miss you guys. It was good to see Collin at the BYU/UT game, even if only for a moment. Hope all is well!