Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer Fun!!!

I am FINALLY going to catch ya'll up on our wonderfully eventful- crazy busy- amazingly fun summer!!!! In this post, Joel gets married, we )Collin, Lilly, myself, mom and dad Kraus, Courtney and Tyler) go on vacation to California and Arizona and just prior to our departure to CA. we celebrated my hubby's b-day hence the cake pic. Lilly went in the ocean for the first time, and absolutely LOVED it!!! And I will tell you, it was COLD. Didn't faze her a bit though, she wanted to keep going out deeper and deeper, when the waves would start to come she would kick and get all excited and try to run towards them!!!! She full on tried to face plant in the sand so she could more effectively eat it. I discouraged this behavior. I thought after her first mouthful she would realize that it just wasn't very good- alas she somehow thought that it was utterly delightful and wanted more!!!! We got to go to Venice beach, the San Diego Zoo (Lilly as you will see was alseep for a good chunk of the Zoo) which was so gorgeous, Collin, his dad, and Uncle Barry went to a Dodgers game, we got to walk around the L.A. Temple- we also got to see Uncle Doug and Aunt Jody too!! And much more it was so wonderful!!!! We had a blast in AZ. too with Collin's sister Miranda and her adorable children!!!! They loved Lilly and were so sweet and wonderful to her!!!! We miss them all!!!! Joel and Bittany's wedding was so beautiful!!!! They are so cute together, I'm so happy to have a new sister!!!! I love all my sweet sisters!!!!! They are such a hansome couple-I miss them!!!! They went back to cold Idaho, and far away!!!! Suffice it to say, it has been a great summer. Lots of fun memories were made. I am finally getting myself back on track, I had a hard time re-acclamating to life back at home. But all is well now!!!! Collin is busy, busy and I don't see him as much as I would like, but ah well. I love it when I get to see him!!!! He is my personal superman, and he is such a wonderful husband!!! Love to you all!!!!












































9 comments:

Janine said...

Such a great post! Good job. What a cutie Lils is

Melanie said...

Fun! Man, you guys did have a crazy busy summer. I love all the pictures. Lilly is SO cute. I had fun yesterday!

Maribeth said...

blah hahahaha, that last video of Collin making everyone say "hello!" makes me laugh. Makes me miss my familia. What's the deal with all of us being in different parts of the country? I mean, I vote everyone comes near us. Yes, that sounds good.
Lilly is funny, I like that she kept running toward the water, and you of course said to only get your "pasty legs" OOOh good times.

Childress Family said...

Looks like you had a crazy summer (so did we!). I just wish we could have seen you guys. You are such a cute family. Love and miss you all!

michigan_herrs said...

Sounds like a great, crazy busy summer. Lilly is so cute in her dress at Joel's wedding. I can't believe that there is only one more left at your parents house (Paul)!!!!

Happy belated birthday Collin.

Glad to hear everything is well with you all!
Take care,
Rachel

Jake and Nicole said...

I'm glad to know yall are still alive and kickin! Sounds like you've had a very fun eventful summer!! Love the pictures. I can't believe how big lilly is!! So cute:)

mb said...

hahaa, you know what is now my favorite thing about this blog? If you click on that picture of Joel and all the boys, Joel totally has chocolate in his teeth. NICE!

Mubeen said...

Such a fun post and such cute pictures! At least we have blogs to keep in touch since we seem too busy to hang out! hint hint! lol....I swear, once this move is over, we.are.getting.together! xoxo

Miranda said...

Wow! What a summer! We miss you tons! Hope you come out to Utah soon!